A Few Updates That Are Making Me Happy
September 22, 2017
Hello church. Greetings from our office at Burnett Fellowship.
It's Friday afternoon and we are heading into our third week now following our Fall Kick-Off. I thought that a quick note would allow you to hear some of the good, exciting things that are going on at Cornerstone.
While I must number then points, I assure you that each point is equally exciting.
1. Building a Staff Team
It is a true joy to get to work with this team, we are putting together to serve you at Cornerstone. Natasha, Manuela, Josh and myself along with Sebastian (who is a volunteer but works like a staff member) are honoured to have the chance to work for the church. We are working hard to provide ministries that are excellently run and can reach the most amount of people. From youth to kid’s ministry, to worship on Sundays, there are a lot of moving parts that need to be attended to.
- Natasha works hard to make sure that all the information we are putting forward is accurate, up-to-date, and that all questions are getting asked.
- Josh spends many hours each week preparing worship sets, meeting with worship team members and practising with the teams for Sunday morning.
- Manuela is always on the go wanting to learn everything there is to learn about children’s ministry. She is one of the hardest workers I have seen and is doing an amazing job ensuring that Cornerstone Kids is a vibrant, safe and clean ministry that kids love to be a part of.
- Sebastian and Robyn Silva are unsung heroes who are working hard to run Junior and Senior Youth on top of their regular jobs. Their commitment to the youth, to the church and to making sure Cornerstone is well-served in student ministries is inspiring to me.
2. Unity and Direction on the Leadership Team
I cannot tell you much right now (that is coming next week) but there is some exciting news coming from the Leadership Team next Sunday. Don’t even bother trying to get it out of them because we are planning to give the congregation an update during the service next week.
So make sure you are there!
For now, I can say that it is a true pleasure to serve with this team of leaders as we seek God and seek his will for Cornerstone Neighbourhood Church. My family and I have felt welcomed, loved, supported and cared for by these folks during our time at Cornerstone.
They are a godly group of folks who are looking out for the future of this community. Please remember to pray for Guy, Sean, Candace, Jorge, Brent and Stephen when you get the chance. I know they would appreciate it.
3. Fantastic volunteers that Do Fantastic Work
Our Fall Kick-Off event was a huge success in my mind. We took over the Presber’s backyard with over 140 people, many of them were new to the church. We enjoyed great food (thanks Stephen and team!), played lots of games and celebrated Chloe’s baptism. Pulling off an event like this takes a lot of people who gave a lot of time. Thank you.
To all the volunteers who work so hard to set up every Sunday, have people in their homes for Community Groups, give their time to help ministries like SOLAH, kids ministry, youth, worship and whatever else goes on around the church…Thank you.
God is using your efforts to build his church and I am glad to get to be a part of it these days.
4. Fun Fall Events to Look Forward To
Finally, on top of our regular services and Community Groups, we have two big events this fall. The first is our regular “Trunk or Treat” event on October 31. We are serving the community of Albion by giving them a fun and safe event that will create great memories for kids, friends and parents. Whether you are a fan of Halloween or not, I’d love to see everyone at this event. I personally will be celebrating the 500 year anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. What a great occasion for candy!
We have a few volunteer needs and so I hope you can get behind this event. I’ve heard organizers say that it is going to be better than ever this year!
As you will see in this newsletter, we are announcing the Christmas Banquet this year. While more details will come, make sure you save the date. December 3, 2017. 5PM-9PM. Cost is $10 and tickets are available on Eventbrite.
That’s what's exciting me for now. See you on Sunday.