Cornerstone Feb 25, 2018 SGM Notes
February 25, 2018
Recently, our church was presented with the opportunity to move back to the 272nd location.
The leadership team and pastors have met to discuss this option and with prayer, reflection and discussion, we believe that this is the best course of action for Cornerstone Neighbourhood Church.
Here are some of the benefits of moving to the 272nd location:
- Fellowship room to encourage staying after or before church and building community
- Nursery; comfortable and safe space where parents feel secure leaving their children
- A physical address to list on Google, be noticed in the community and set up our own phone listing
- A space to meet midweek for youth and other meetings.
- We will have operational wifi and cellular service.
- A landlord that wants us in their building, the school district isn’t always accommodating.
- Less set up and take down, space for storage, eliminating the need for a trailer.
- The 272nd location has very similar cost to the current rental situation, and significantly less then when we were renting the 272nd location in the past.
- 272nd facility; three classrooms, nursery, two office rooms, week-night access, fellowship room, gallery, the field (The SRT facility affords us three upstairs classrooms, a library for a nursery, main sanctuary area)
- We have outdoor space available to host barbecues, field games, picnics, summer events, etc.
As you discern your vote, please be in prayer for our church and that our meetings will be filled with love, truth, and unity.
Discernment is an ever-increasing capacity to ‘see’ or discern the works of God in the midst of the human situation so that we can align ourselves with whatever it is that God is doing.”
- Ruth Haley Barton, Pursuing God’s Will Together
“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”
- Philippians 1:9-11
If you have any questions, please email: [email protected]m and they will be passed on to the board.
Important Dates to Remember:
- March 4 - Question and Answer Townhall after the service
- March 18 - Special General Meeting to vote on the location change